Residential Electrician Service
An electrical service call is a visit from a licensed electrician to diagnose and repair an electrical problem in your home or building. Some common reasons for an electrical service call include:
- Power outages: If you have lost power in your home or building, a service call can help identify the cause
of the outage and restore power.
- Electrical faults: Faulty wiring, malfunctioning outlets or switches, and other electrical issues can be
diagnosed and repaired during a service call.
- Electrical inspections: If you are buying or selling a home or building, a service call can provide an
electrical inspection to identify any potential issues with the electrical system.
During an electrical service call, the electrician will typically inspect the electrical system and use specialized equipment to diagnose any problems. They will then provide you with an estimate for the
cost of repairs and, if you agree to the estimate, proceed with the repairs. It is important to only hire licensed electricians for electrical service calls to ensure that the work is performed safely and up to
If you are experiencing an electrical issue in your home or building, it is recommended that you contact Sims & Sons to schedule an electrical service call. Trying to fix the issue yourself can be dangerous and
may result in further damage to the electrical system or even injury.
Sims & Sons is responsive, efficient and professional. I was able to schedule service within the week, and Darrell resolved my electrical outlet issue very quickly on site. I feel confident in the knowledge, skills and pricing that Sims & Sons offers. I will definitely use the company again for future electrical needs.
We take pride in our effort to contribute towards creating a safe, functional, and technologically advanced environment for homeowners. We can walk you through the process from start to finish and help you complete your project!
During an electrical service call, our electrician will arrive at the scheduled time and perform various tasks, including:
- Inspection and troubleshooting: Our electrician will examine the electrical system, wiring, fixtures, and components to identify the cause of the issue or determine the scope of the requested electrical work.
- Diagnosis and repair: Based on the inspection, our electrician will diagnose the problem and proceed with the necessary repairs or replacements to address the issue. This can include fixing faulty wiring, replacing damaged outlets or switches, repairing circuit breakers, or resolving other electrical malfunctions.
- Maintenance or installation: In addition to repairs, an electrical service call may also involve routine maintenance tasks or the installation of new electrical components, fixtures, or systems.
Some common signs that indicate the need for electrical repairs include:
- Frequent tripping of circuit breakers or blown fuses.
- Flickering or dimming lights.
- Outlets or switches that are warm to the touch.
- Burning smells or sparks coming from outlets or switches.
- Electrical appliances or devices not working properly.
- Buzzing or crackling sounds from electrical fixtures. If you experience any of these issues or suspect electrical problems, it is important to contact a licensed electrician for a thorough inspection and necessary repairs.
The cost of electrical repairs can vary depending on the nature and extent of the problem, the required materials, and the labor involved. It is best to contact our electricians to assess the specific issue and provide a detailed estimate for the repair. They will evaluate the scope of work, identify any necessary parts or components, and provide a breakdown of the associated costs. Remember that it is important to prioritize safety and quality when it comes to electrical repairs, and choosing a reputable electrician over focusing solely on cost can ensure the job is done right.
It is recommended to review your insurance policy or contact your insurance provider to understand the coverage for electrical repairs. In some cases, insurance policies may cover electrical repairs if they are related to specific incidents, such as damage from a fire or natural disaster. However, coverage may vary, and it is best to consult with your insurance provider to determine the extent of coverage for electrical repairs in your specific situation.