Who we are
Sims & Sons Electric and Plumbing is a family-owned and operated Chicago Electrician and Plumbing company that provides Electrician & Plumber Services in the following cities in Illinois: Chicago, Des Plaines, Evanston, Glenview, Lincolnwood, Niles, Park Ridge, Rosemont, Skokie, Wilmette, and Winnetka
Our website address: https://simsandsonselectric.com.
Information We Collect
We collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Information you provide us: We collect information you provide us directly, such as when you fill out a Request an Estimate form or contact us through our website. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, and other contact information.
- Information we collect automatically: To provide you with a better experience, we collect certain information automatically when you visit our website, such as your IP address, browser type, and operating system. We also collect information about the pages you visit on our website and the links you click on.
- Information from third-party services: We may receive information about you from third-party services, such as Google Analytics. This information may include demographic information, such as your age, gender, and interests. Google Analytics provides analytical data we use to provide our customers with a better overall experience.
Comments: When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Cookies: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the services you request: We use your information to provide you with the services you request, such as responding to your estimate request or sending you marketing emails.
- To improve our website: We use your information to improve our website and make it more user-friendly.
- To send you marketing emails: We may use your email address to send you marketing emails about our products and services. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
- To analyze website traffic: We use Google Analytics to track website traffic and collect demographic information about our visitors. This information helps us to improve our website and make it more user-friendly.
Sharing Your Information
We do not share your personal information. However, in the event we do, we reserve the right to share your basic information with the following third parties:
Other companies: We may share your information with other companies for marketing purposes. You can opt out of this sharing by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive.
Our service providers: We may share your information with our service providers who help us to operate our website and provide our services. These service providers may be located outside of your country of residence.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- The right to access your information: You have the right to access your personal information that we collect. You can request a copy of your personal information by contacting us.
- The right to correct your information: You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information that we collect about you.
- The right to delete your information: You have the right to delete your personal information from our records. You can request that we delete your personal information by contacting us.
- The right to object to the processing of your information: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information for certain purposes, such as marketing. You can object to the processing of your personal information by contacting us.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. Any and all form submissions are processed by a Sims & Sons Electric and Plumbing application. In some general information forms such as a Contact Us form, a 3rd party plugin may be used in the processing and sending to Sims & Sons Electric and Plumbing.